The Australian Visa 485 or TR is for international students who have just completed their studies, from an Australian educational institute and are looking to stay and work in the country. To apply for a temporary resident visa in Australia, you are requested to be in Australia during that time. Depending on the type of stream you choose, you will receive a 485 Subclass Visa within 18 months to 4 years.
However, there are 485 visa requirements to be fulfilled and documents required for the 485 Visa to be submitted, so that you are eligible to receive this visa. To know the rules, regulations, methods, and procedures for obtaining a Visa Subclass 485 this document will provide you with correct information on this visa, and the things you need to do, in a step-by-step version. To continue, please check the information provided below.
Things To Know About The Stream Under The 485 Visa
Currently, there are three types of streams available which fall under the subclass 485 visa Australia. They are the Graduate Work stream, Post-Study Work Stream, And Second Post Study Work Stream.
- What Is The Graduate Work Stream?
The graduate workstream is open for individuals who are graduates with an eligible qualification, which includes individuals from the Vocational Education Training sector (VET). Individuals who carry the skills and qualifications related to an occupation that is in high demand in the Australian labor market, according to the skills occupation list (SOL), will be granted a visa 485. With the Temporary Graduate Visa 485, you will have a clear image of what you need to do, and the requirements you need to fulfill.
- What Is The Post-Study Work Stream?
International students passing their graduate examinations from an Australian academic institution can avail of this visa. The visa will allow them to live, study, and also engage in professional opportunities in Australia. But the entire course of their stay would be temporary.
- What Is Second Post-Study Workstream?
This stream is for those applications who are already holding a first Graduate Visa Australia in the post-study work stream with them. Applicants who are graduated from the Australian institute in the regional area are eligible for this stream. With this visa, you can work in Australia and even bring your family member also with you.
Things To Know About The 485 Visa Requirements
Given below are the 485 visa requirements that you need to know or fulfill at a given time.
- Visa sponsor: The temporary graduate visa subclass 485 does not carry any type of requirements, where there is a need to be sponsored by an employer, territory, or state government, or family member.
- The application time limit: The 485 visa Processing Time is within 6 months with immediate effect once the studies are completed.
- Eligible occupations: All applicants must nominate an occupation under the long-term and medium strategic skills list. You can only select one occupation from the list and once you have chosen occupation, you cannot change it after you have applied for the visa.
- Eligible qualifications: To receive the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485, you are requested to have at least one qualification namely, bachelor, diploma, trade qualification, respectively.
- The age limit: All applicants are required to be under the age of 50 when they take the step to apply for visa 485.
485 Visa English Requirements
When you are applying for an Australian visa, you must show all the English requirements, so that you are eligible to proceed further. If the English requirement terms are not met during the time of applying, then the chances of receiving a refusal will be very high.
However, if you hold a current passport and a citizen of the United States, Ireland, UK, New Zealand, and Canada, then you are in no need to go through the English requirement procedures since they fall under the English-speaking countries.
If you are not a part of the countries mentioned above, then you are required to provide documents based on your English requirements. Keep in mind, all the English tests that you will take must be done within the 3 years before you apply for the visa. Some of the English test certificates that are accepted are:
- IELTS (General Training or Academic)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Pearson’s Test of English
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT)
- Cambridge English (CAE Advance)
You Might Like – Mistakes to Avoid While Applying for 485 Visa Australia
Character And Health Requirements
While making the visa application, make sure the applicants have health insurance in Australia. In this regard, you can produce any of the following certificates:
- A signed document from a health insurance service provider
- You might belong to a country that shares reciprocal medicare facilities with Australia. In that case, you will have to produce the desired documents.
- A report of the investigation by the Australian Federal Police. The validation report shouldn’t be older than a year.
Police Checking And Certificates For Immigration Purposes
Each of the applicants who fall under this visa application is requested to provide their current National Police Certificate within the 12 month period from the Australian Federal Police with immediate effect and it should be done before you apply for the visa. However, you do not carry the certificate then you are requested to provide evidence that you have applied for the National Police Certificate during the time of your visa application.
Therefore, you will be asked for police checks from the country you belong to or have lived there for over 12 months within the past 10 years. This type of requirement will only come forth if you are 16 years or older.
After reading the above checklist you can make yourself clear that the basic documents required are-
485 Visa Document Checklist
- English Test result
- Australian Police clearance certificate
- All your qualification certificates and proof of your study.
- Medical Test Results.
- Health Insurance if you have enrolled.
- Must hold a valid student visa 500.
Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 Fees
The subclass 485 visa Australia requirements for the fees are $1,680. The additional Application charge for the applicant who is 18 and above age is $840 and $425 is the applicant’s charge for the applicant whose age is less than 18 years. There is no GST required for the visa application charges. The payment method accepts to make the payment are namely PayPal, MasterCard, Union Pay, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB, respectively.
The information provided in this document, it will help you have a clear image of the needs and wants for the temporary graduate Visa Subclass 485, and you can follow the 485 visa document checklist, which will help in the process of applying for the visa. If you still have any queries regarding this visa then feel free to contact us at Migration Agent Perth WA. We are a Registered Migration Agent Perth who will solve all your queries and provide our best service to our customers.