The medical treatment visa subclass 602 is a temporary visa type that would allow an applicant to stay in Australia until all the treatments are done for which the applicant has arrived in Australia. The department makes a decision based on the situation of each applicant for the length of stay in Australia with a 602 Visa Australia. With a visa subclass 602, an applicant may be permitted single entry or multiple entries based on individual situations. The visa subclass 602 entitles the individual arriving in Australia to even study for a maximum of 3 months which can also be exceeded in case of exemption.
The medical visa subclass 602 requires the individual to be financially sound enough to support his/her stay in Australia while the treatment is carried on. The evidence of the applicant’s financial position must be provided for visa approval. To be able to live in Australia and get the treatment done, an individual must comply with all the applicable Australian laws and policies. You must not be a current or past substantive holder of a temporary work visa subclass 403 while you apply for the 602 medical treatment visa. Registered migration agent Perth can guide you in a better way when it comes to various eligibility and entitlements of a medical treatment visa subclass 602.
What Medical 602 Visa Lets You Do In Australia?
The medical 602 visa entitles various privileges to the individual arriving Australia with a medical treatment visa subclass 602. The general ones are listed here:
- The applicant will be allowed to live in Australia till the time treatment is continued or the consultations are carried on or the time as decided by the department depending on the individual situation.
- The applicant may be granted single or multiple entries to Australia while the visa validity depending on the situation as assessed by the department.
- The applicant can also study for a maximum of 3 months in Australia or even more if he/she successfully satisfies the exemption criteria.
Subclass Visa 602 Requirements
The visa 602 requirements are the basic points that must be fulfilled without fail by all the applicants applying for the medical treatment visa. The requirements are listed below:
- No particular age requirement persists to apply for a subclass 602 visa.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to not hold a visa subclass 403 or be a substantive holder of the same while applying for a 602 visa subclass.
- The health requirements must be fulfilled by the applicant in case he/she is not the one going for treatment in Australia.
- The character requirement should be fulfilled by the applicant himself and all the family members too.
- Applicants must provide evidence of having sufficient funds to support their stay while in Australia.
Eligibility Criteria For 602 Visa Australia
The 602 visa Australia is not an easy one to get grab of. An individual must fulfill various eligibility criteria to be able to get approved of a medical treatment visa subclass 602. The points to be fulfilled are:
- The individual can only apply for a medical treatment visa subclass 602 where he/she fulfills one of the following situations:
- He/she must have intentions to get medical treatment or consultation in Australia.
- Must be having intentions of organ donation to someone in Australia.
- Must contain intentions regarding the support of an organ donor or a patient who is already holding a 602 visa subclass or have applied for the same.
- Is traveling to Australia with someone from whom he/she intends to receive an organ.
- Must contain intentions of coming to Australia under the arrangements made between the Queensland Department of Health and the Western Province of Papua New Guinea.
- It is already in Australia with the age of 50 years or older and having been refused an Australian permanent residency on the grounds of health and also unfit to depart Australia.
- The applicant must not have a medical condition that could be a threat to the health of the public in Australia.
- The applicant must not have held a subclass 403 visa as a substantive visa or must not be currently holding the temporary work visa subclass 403 while applying for a medical treatment visa subclass 602.
- The applicant must provide evidence of having enough funds to get treatment in Australia completed.
- There is no restriction of any age compliance to be able to apply for this visa subclass.
- The applicant must satisfy the health requirements according to the Australian framework if the applicant himself is not the one going to Australia for treatment.
- The character requirements must be fulfilled by the applicant in order to be eligible for a medical treatment subclass 602 visa Australia.
- The applicant must intend and prove to the department of being a genuine temporary entrant to Australia.
- The applicant or any family member must not have any debts remaining due to the Australian Government.
- Must be financially sufficient to support their stay in Australia.
- Any of the visa or visa applications of the applicant must not have been refused or canceled in the past.
Medical Treatment Visa 602 Checklist
The medical treatment visa 602 checklist is one that should be considered strictly in order to get quick access of the visa and get an appropriate treatment in Australia. The following points make up the 602 visa checklist:
- The applicant can be of any age while applying for a visa subclass 602.
- The applicant should not be having such a health condition that can be a cause of threat to public health in Australia.
- The applicant must not currently hold or must not have held a subclass 403 visa just before applying for a subclass 602 visa.
- The applicant is required to provide evidence of the funds and financial position that states that an individual can support his stay in Australia financially.
- Must prove that he/she has intentions to be a genuine temporary entrant.
- Must have successfully satisfied character and health requirements as demanded under 602 visa conditions.
- Any of the visa or visa applications of the applicant must not have been refused or canceled.
Any applicant while applying for the medical treatment visa subclass 602 must crosscheck their requirements and never fail to satisfy any of the above-mentioned.
Medical Treatment 602 Visa Processing Time
In general case, the 602 visa processing time is:
|Name of the Visa
|Medical Treatment Visa 602
However, the visa processing may take longer if:
- The form was filed incorrectly,
- The applicant fails to include all the required documents or further information is required from the applicant,
- A longer time is required for applicant verification
The expert immigration agent Perth are always ready to help their clients regarding all the visa concerns. If you are stuck anywhere between your visa application process and find difficulty in satisfying the authorities with the different requirements, reach out to us at the earliest and we will be more than happy to serve you at any moment.