The temporary graduate visa subclass 485 permits the international students who have completed their graduation under a CRICOS-registered Australian institution to reside and work in the country. The candidate must have the required skills and qualifications to do the necessary work in the country. There are two categories under subclass 485 visa which are Graduate Work Stream Visa and Post Study Work Stream Visa. The applicant who is applying for the visa should be below 50 years. With visa 485, the applicant has an opportunity to get their family members to the country as well. They can reside with them until the validity of visa 485. The migration agent Perth will assist the applicant to get visa 485.
The graduate work stream allows you to reside in the country for 18 months and for the Post Study Work Stream visa, you will be able to reside in the country for a period of 2 to 4 years depending upon the qualification that you have attained. Subclass 485 is a temporary visa that will also allow the applicant to study if he or she wants to do it by residing in the country. During the period when the applicant is residing in the country, he or she has the freedom to travel in and around the country without any restrictions. The temporary graduate visa 485 is applicable for the family members of the applicant only if the requirements of the visa are met.
What 485 Subclass Visa Lets You Do In Australia?
There are a lot of benefits that the applicant can enjoy if they grant the subclass 485 visa. To get a positive response for the 485 visa Australia, it is quite important that the applicant submits all the necessary details that are required. If the subclass 485 visa application form isn’t submitted properly, it might not get approved.
- After attaining subclass 485 Australia, the applicant along with the family member can come and reside in the country for the stipulated time.
- The applicant is allowed to travel to and fro from Australia multiple times that he or she wishes to during this period.
- With visa 485, the applicant is allowed to live as well as study and work in the country.
To get subclass 485, it is quite important that you submit the application form with all the necessary details that are required for the visa. There are certain 485 visa requirements that are communicated below which need to be submitted with the application form without fail.
- The applicant as well as the family member who is applying for a 485 subclass visa must meet the health and character requirements.
- The applicant must be below 50 years to apply for a 485 visa.
- No amount should be registered with your name under the Australian government.
- The subclass 485 visa Australia must not have their visa application form rejected or canceled in the past.
- The applicant must sign the Australian Value statement.
- The applicant must be a holder of the student visa 500.
- The applicant must have necessary health insurance.
- The applicant must attain the necessary skills as well as qualifications that are necessary for the temporary graduate visa Australia.
- The applicant must either know the required level of English language or must have the necessary passport.
- The applicant needs to maintain the Australian study requirements to get the visa subclass 485.
These are the 485 visa requirements that need to be achieved by each and every applicant when they are applying for it.
Eligibility Criteria For Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485
There are certain rules and regulations for temporary graduate visa subclass 485 that are necessary to be attained if the applicant wishes to get it without facing any difficulty. To have an opportunity to reside as well as work in the country, it is quite important to get a positive response from the visa authority for the subclass 485 visa application form. The eligibility clauses are structured below.
Common for both the Graduate Work Stream and the Post Study Work Stream visa
- Restriction regarding age
The applicant who is applying for a 485 visa must be below 50 years of age.
- No cancellation in the previous visa application
The visa must not have been either refused or canceled in any case if you have applied for it in the past.
The applicant must not have any amount registered under his or her name when he or she is applying for the visa. In case any amount is registered under their name, then they should clear the amount and then apply for the temporary graduate visa 485.
- The Australian value statement needs to be signed
If the applicant is above 18 years, then he or she needs to read and understand the crucial aspects of the Australian booklet and also needs to sign the Australian value statement. This states that for the time span he or she is residing in the country, the person needs to respect the law as well as the order of the country.
- Requirements for the health and the character
The applicant along with their family member (if anyone is applying) needs to meet the health and the character requirements, which is stated by the higher authority of the country who are evaluating visa 485 applications.
- Having the necessary health insurance
The applicant as well as the family member needs to bear their expenses that are related to the health whenever he or she is residing in the country. The medical insurance that you have should also contain the transportation expenses as well. There are some countries that also have the facility of reciprocal healthcare agreements.
- English language proficiency and passport
The applicant must either have a valid passport from the United States of America, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, or Canada or need to prove English proficiency. For that, they need to satisfy the below requirements.
|English language tests||Overall Score||Minimum Score|
|(IELTS) International English Language Testing System||6||5 in each of the 4 parts|
|(PTE Academic) Pearson Test of English Academic||At least 50||36 in each of the 4 parts|
|Cambridge C1 Advanced test||At least 169||At least 154 in each of the 4 parts|
|(PTE Academic) Pearson Test of English Academic||For each of the 4 parts, At least you need to attain B.|
|(TOEFL iBT) Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test||At least 64||4 – Listening 4 – Reading 14 – Writing 14 – Speaking|
The visa application will be processed only if you are able to qualify for any of these requirements which are communicated below.
- You should be the main holder of the current student visa and not supported by any Trade minister or Foreign affairs or Defense official.
- In the previous 6 months, you must have been a holder of a student visa and now you either have a bridging visa B or bridging visa A.
- You are a holder of a substantive visa but earlier you were a holder of the student visa.
- The student visa that you had was canceled due to some reason but in the last 28 days, you have been informed by the tribunal that the previous decision will be set aside. Other than this, they have also informed the visa officials and authorities that the decision of cancelling the visa will not be revoked.
- Specifically, for the post-study work stream visa, the visa will only be granted if the student visa that you have is granted on or after 5/11/2011. In case the student visa you have has been granted before this date, then you will not be allowed visa 485.
Visa 485 will not be granted to you if you are a holder of visa 476.
Meeting the requirements of the Australian study
The Australian study requirements need to be met in the last 6 months before you apply for the graduate visa 485. You will be able to meet the requirements only if you have the trade qualification or the diploma or the degree qualification.
- You need to successfully meet the requirements of the course.
- The study needs to be done in the English language.
- The course needs to be completed within two academic years.
- To complete the course, you have to be physically present in the country for at least a period of 16 months.
- The course which you have done must be under CRICOS registered course list.
- You must have the visa through which you were allowed to study in the country.
Only for the Graduate Work Stream
Necessary qualifications and also the skills that the country needs
- For (MLTSSL) Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List, the applicant needs to nominate 1 occupation.
- The applicant must either have a trade qualification or must be a degree holder or a diploma holder.
- All these documents that are required for visa subclass 485 will be assessed by the higher officials, and they will decide whether you have the required qualification and skills to do the work or not.
Before applying for a 485 subclass visa, it is quite necessary that you maintain a 485 visa checklist. The checklist for the visa subclass 485 needs to contain all the necessary details that are required for the temporary graduate visa subclass 485 to be granted.
For Post Study Work Stream
After completing the course under the CRICOS- registered Australian institute, the applicant needs to apply for it within 6 months of the completion date.
Common for the graduate work stream and for applying for the post study work stream visa
- Collect all the necessary documents
All the necessary documents such as skill and the qualification requirement, health and character requirement, age proof, etc. need to be collected and submitted along with the application form.
- While applying for the visa
When the applicant is applying for visa 485, he or she can either do it offline or online.
Wait till you receive any confirmation from the authority regarding the visa application form. If they ask you to submit any other documents, then you need to submit them without delay and after that wait till the application gets accepted.
If the visa application gets accepted, then the visa conditions, as well as the date the visa starts, will be informed to you. In case the application form gets rejected, then you will not receive the application fee as well.
There are certain clauses on which the 485 visa processing time is dependent which are communicated below. If the stated clauses are not attained then this will require time to get a temporary graduate visa subclass 485.
- The applicant needs to submit all the necessary details correctly.
- If the higher authority who is evaluating the application form for subclass 485 is in need of some more information, then you need to submit the information at the earliest.
- To process to verify all the details that you have submitted for the 485 visa will require time.
An estimated time span that is required by the visa application is stated below.
|Name of the Visa||Processing Time|
|485 Visa Processing Time||75% Applications||90% Applications|
|Graduate Work Stream||10 Months||12 Months|
|Post Study Work Stream visa||10 Months||11 Months|
Right from the start of the application process to the time the temporary graduate visa 485 is granted, we, as the best Migration Agent Perth, will definitely help you out. Our team will help you understand the rules and regulations that are necessary for Visa 485. So, get in touch with us at the earliest, if you wish to have the visa subclass 485 granted in a hassle-free way!