Employer Nomination Visa 186 is a permanent resident work visa with which you can live and work here in Australia. Specific foreign skilled workers can be eligible for this visa. The Visa Subclass 186 Requirements is that you should have completed skills test and obtain a nomination from a registered Australian employer. You will come across three streams, and to be eligible, you have to meet all the requirements specific to each stream.
Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa will provide you with certain benefits like allowing you to live and work in Australia permanently, studying at any Australian institute, getting healthcare coverage, travelling in and abroad whenever you wish.
What Are The Visa Subclass 186 Streams
Visa Subclass 186 has three 3 streams. General Visa Subclass 186 requirements for these three streams are the same, but you should meet the stream-specific requirements to be eligible.
- Direct Entry Stream
If you have never worked in Australia, you can apply for this visa, but you have to do the application procedure offshore. While applying, you will have the option to include your family members, such as your partner and the dependent child. The total cost of this visa application is AUD 4045 for the main applicant.
The employer’s nomination application fee will be AUD 540, and they will have to pay the Skilling Australian Fund or SAF Levy, too. The visa processing time is generally 5 to 15 months.
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream
If you have held the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa subclass 457, you can apply for this visa stream from either onshore or offshore. Like the Direct Entry stream, you can include your family members in this application, too, and the cost is also the same as DE.
The employer should also have an operational business and be the applicant’s current sponsor, and the employer should also pay the SAF levy. One of the essential criteria for this visa is that you must have held either a Visa Subclass 457 or a related bridging visa A, B, or C.
- Labor Agreement Stream
If you have got your nomination from your employer and signed a Labor Agreement, you can apply for this third stream. The employer should also own an eligible business and have a current Labor Agreement with its employee. Like The Temporary Residence Transition stream, you should also hold a 457 visa issued to you under the labor agreement.
Read More – Important FAQs for Employer Sponsored Visa 186
Prepare A 186 Visa Checklist
While applying, you should check all the documents included in the 186 Visa Checklist. These documents should be from your employer.
- Registration documents: These documents include the Australian Business Number Certificate, Business Trading Name registration certificate, certificate of company registration from ASIC, and pages that will confirm whether your business is a trust or a franchise.
- Financial documents: Audited balance sheet or Business tax returns as the document for the previous financial year, and BAS if your business is a start-up.
- Nominated position documents: These documents should include a contract of employment and the job description of the nominated person.
- Documents for specific documents: If you nominate a cook or a chef, you have to provide proof of the occupation that may include a copy of the menu, floor plan, photos of the premises to give an idea of your business, etc.
- Organizational and Human Resource documents: You must get a list of all employees, with all their business positions mentioned. Whether you work full-time or part-time, it should also be noted.
- Administration documents: The electronic letterhead should be submitted.
- Annual market salary rate evidence: The annual market salary rate is the total income that an Australian earns yearly. The evidence may include the name of the agreement or award in case of an enterprise agreement and an employment contract and payslip if there is no enterprise agreement.
Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass Visa 186 Requirements
The general 186 visa requirements are as follows.
- You should have the occupation included in the list of eligible skilled occupations.
- You should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a job.
- You should have a positive skills assessment to apply for the Direct Entry Stream.
- For the Temporary Residence Transition Stream, you should have held a substantial Visa 457.
- For the Labour Agreement Stream, you must be under a Labour Agreement with your employer.
- Your nomination must be given by an Australian employer who has an active and operating business.
- Your age must be less than 45 years at the time of application.
- You must also fulfil the health and character conditions.
- You must have English language skills.
Steps To Apply For Subclass 186 Visa
For a successful application, you should follow these steps.
- Check if you satisfy all the requirements for a job in Australia: You must fulfil the general 186 visa conditions and the specific requirements for the stream to which you will apply. You can work under any of the three streams mentioned above.
- Get your employer’s nomination: Your employer should lodge your nomination with the Australian Department of Home Affairs before applying for the visa. After the nomination gets approved, you will have only six months in your hands to apply.
- Prepare all the documents: Take a thorough look over the checklist and gather all the necessary documents before applying.
- Apply: Once you prepare your documents, you can now lodge your application online. Along with the papers, you should also keep your visa application fee ready. The payment can be made by credit card. For a successful lodging, you can ask MAP to assign you with an immigration consultant from Perth.
- Wait for the decision: You may have to wait several months to get the decision.
- Receive your visa: Once the application gets approved, you can get your visa and start working in Australia.
If you need help at any step, always feel free to contact Migration Agent Perth. They can assign you a registered immigration agent from Perth.