The skilled employer sponsored regional provisional visa subclass 494 is granted by the Australian visa department to address labour shortage in the country. With the help of a visa 494, an Australian employer can sponsor the skilled laborer who wishes to come and work in the country. The visa authority has come up with visa 494 as the regional employers of the country are not able to find a skilled Australian laborer to carry out a particular work. The candidate must be below 45 years when he or she is applying for a subclass 494 and must meet the standards of “English language proficiency”. He or she must attain the eligibility clauses that are required for the visa to get sanctioned.
Subclass 494 is divided into three categories that are Employer Sponsored Stream, Subsequent Entrant, and Labour Agreement Stream. The subsequent entrant visa is applicable for those applicants who wish to join their family member who is a primary holder of a subclass 494. A labour agreement stream visa is applicable for the applicant who is nominated by an employer holding a labour agreement with the government of Australia. With a visa subclass 494, the applicant is allowed to reside in the country for 5 years only in designated areas. If the person wishes to apply for a permanent residency, then he/she has to attain the eligibility first. Once that is achieved, the candidate can apply for permanent residency after 3 years of visa grant. The Migration Agent Perth will help the applicants to understand the rules and regulations before he/she applies for it.
What Visa Subclass 494 Lets You Do In Australia?
A lot of benefits can be enjoyed while attaining a visa 494 and to know more about the benefits take a look at the points that are communicated below.
- With visa subclass 494, an applicant is allowed to reside in the country for 5 long years.
- During this period, the applicant can work, as well as study in Australia without facing any obstacle. Except for some places like Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane, the applicant is allowed to study everywhere in the country.
- An applicant is allowed to travel in and out of the country as many times as he or she wishes to while holding a 494 visa.
- If the applicant qualifies for the eligibility criteria, then he or she can apply for permanent residency after 3 years of having the visa 494.
- The applicant’s family members can also accompany the applicant if they wish to come and reside in the country.
494 Visa Subclass Requirements
Before applying, a candidate must know the 494 visa subclass requirements.In this way, he or she will be able to skip the errors that he/she might make unknowingly. The requirements that are important to be fulfilled by the candidate are listed below.
- The candidate must not have any amount registered with his or her name under the Australian government.
- The candidate must sign the “Australian value statement” that states that he or she will respect the law and order of the country.
- If the applicant has applied for a subclass 494, then the application form must not have been rejected or cancelled in the past. If so, then he or she needs to check the eligibility for the cancellation.
- The applicant needs to maintain the character, health, positive skill requirements, qualification and work experience, nomination details, etc.
- The applicant also needs to attain the ‘English language proficiency’ requirement while applying for a visa 010.
- The applicant who is applying for the visa must be below 45 years.
Eligibility Criteria For 494 Visa
There are certainly 494 visa conditions that needs to be fulfilled if an applicant wishes to apply for it. In case, the person misses out a single information, then the visa application form will get rejected. That is why; it is better to go through the eligibility clauses of a 494 Visa Subclass that are stated below:
The candidate needs to be below 45 years when he or she is applying for a visa 494.
- Details of the nomination
The candidate must be nominated by the employer and he or she needs to submit the nomination details while applying for the visa.
- A positive skill assessment test
The candidate must have fulfilled the positive skill assessment test so that he or she can work with the nominated employer.
- Health and character requirements
The applicant needs to attain the health and character requirements that are stated by the visa authority.
- Qualification, Skill Requirement and Work Experience
The applicant must meet the necessary qualification, skill requirements along with necessary work experience if he/she wishes to get a visa 494 visa without facing any delay in the process.
- Level of English language
The applicant must meet the level of English language proficiency that is stated by the employer while applying for the visa.
- Past Visa Application Status
If the applicant has applied for the visa in the past and if the application has got rejected, then he or she needs to look at the cancelation effects as well.
- Signing the “Australian Value Statement”
The applicant along with his or her family member applying for a visa 494 must sign the “Australian value statement”. It states that he or she will respect the law and order of the country while residing in the country.
- Work Under a Labour Agreement
For the labour agreement stream, the nominated occupation needs to be in the labour agreement signed between the nominator and commonwealth.
- Primary holder of SESR Visa
An applicant who is applying for a subsequent entrant stream must ensure that he or she must have a family member who is a primary holder of SESR visa.
An applicant must follow a visa 494 checklist so that he or she can assemble all the necessary documents that are required to get a subclass 494. The checklist will help the applicant to get the visa without facing any cancellation or rejection in the application form. The checklist for a visa 494 is structured below.
- Before applying for a visa 494
A candidate must arrange for the skill assessment, an English language test, character requirements, health requirements, etc.
- Collecting Important Documents
The candidate needs to collect important documents such as work experience, age details, identity card, English language requirements, qualification details, etc.
A candidate needs to apply online through ImmiAccount and should provide important details that are required for it to get sanctioned. The candidate can be in any part of Australia while applying or a Subclass 494.
A candidate will receive a notification that states that the application form has been received by the visa authority. They will access the application form and will notify the candidate if they need any more documents to grant the visa. In case, it is required then the candidate needs to submit the details at the earliest.
If the application gets approved, then the details regarding the visa such as the grant number, date of start of visa, etc. will be informed to the applicant. If the application gets rejected then the rejection details will be informed to the applicant but the processing fee will not be refunded in any case.
Visa Subclass 494 Processing Time
There are certain factors upon which the visa subclass 494 processing time is dependent. These are whether the applicant has lodged for a correct visa application form or not, how much time is required by the authority to access the details that are provided by the applicant, in case of an additional information how much time would be employed etc.
|Name of the Visa
|Employer Sponsored Stream Visa
|Labour Agreement Stream Visa
|Subsequent Entrant Visa
We, as the leading Migration Agent Perth help our candidates in processing the visa subclass 494. We make sure that the eligibility clauses are attained by the candidate so that the visa is received by them at the earliest. Get in touch with us today, and deal with your visa hassles effectively!
Share this information with your friends