The temporary graduate Visa Subclass 485 or TR is provided to the international students who have just completed their studies, from an Australian educational institute and are looking to stay and work in the country. To apply for this visa, you are requested to be in Australia during that time. Depending on the type of stream you choose, you will receive a visa 485 within 18 months to 4 years.
However, there are requirements to be fulfilled and documents to be submitted, so that you are eligible to receive the Visa Subclass 485. To know the rules, regulations, methods, and procedures for obtaining a Subclass 485 Visa Australia this document will provide you with correct information on the Visa Subclass 485, and the things you need to do, in a step-by-step version. To continue, please check the information provided below.
Things to know about the graduate work stream under the visa 485
Currently, there are two types of streams available which fall under the subclass 485 visa Australia. They are the Graduate Work stream and Post-Study Work Stream.
What is the Graduate Work Stream?
The graduate workstream is open for individuals who are graduates with an eligible qualification, which includes individuals from the Vocational Education Training sector (VET). Individuals who carry the skills and qualification related to an occupation which is in high demand in the Australian labor market, according to the skills occupation list (SOL), will be granted a visa 485. With the graduate visa checklist, you will have a clear image of what you need to do, and the requirements you need to fulfill.
Understanding post-graduate Work Stream
International students passing their graduate examinations from an Australian academic institution can avail of this visa. The visa will allow them to live, study, and also engage in professional opportunities in Australia. But the entire course of their stay would be temporary.
Things to know about the requirements
Given below are the points you need to know or fulfill at a given time.
• Visa sponsor: The 485 temporary graduate visa does not carry any type of requirements, where there is a need to be sponsored by an employer, territory or state government or family member.
• The application time-limit: The Visa Subclass 485 Processing Time is within 6 months with immediate effect once the studies are completed.
• Eligible occupations: All applicants must nominate an occupation under the long-term and medium strategic skills list. You can only select one occupation from the list and once you have chosen an occupation you cannot change it after you have applied for the visa.
• Eligible qualifications: To receive the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485, you are requested to have at least one qualification namely, bachelor, diploma, trade qualification, respectively.
• The age limit: All applicants are required to be under the age of 50 when they take the step to apply for the visa 485.
The English requirement for the temporary graduate visa
When you are applying for an Australian visa, you must show all the English requirements, so that you are eligible to proceed further. If the English requirement terms are not met during the time of applying, then the chances of receiving a refusal will be very high.
However, if you hold a current passport and a citizen of the United States, Ireland, UK, New Zealand, and Canada, then you are in no need to go through the English requirement procedures since they fall under the English-speaking countries.
If you are not a part of any of the countries mentioned above, then you are required to provide documents based on your English requirements. Keep in mind, all the English test that you will take must be done within the 3 years before you apply for the visa. Some of the English test certificates that are accepted are:
• IELTS (General Training or Academic)
• Occupational English Test (OET)
• Pearson’s Test of English
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT)
• Cambridge English (CAE Advance)
The character and health requirements
While making the visa application, make sure the applicants have health insurance in Australia. In this regard, you can produce any of the following certificates:
1. A signed document from a health insurance service provider
2. You might belong to a country that shares reciprocal medicare facilities with Australia. In that case, you will have to produce the desired documents.
3. A report of the investigation by the Australian Federal Police. The validation report shouldn’t be older than a year.
The temporary graduate visa 485 fees
The 485 visa requirements for the fees is $1,535 is the base charge for the main applicant, $765 is the additional applicant charge, and the individual should be 18 years or older. On the other end, the additional application charges for individuals who are below 18 years of age are $385 and there is no GST required for the visa application charges. The payment method accepts to make the payment are namely PayPal, MasterCard, Union Pay, American Express, Diners Club and JCB, respectively.
Police checking and certificates for immigration purposes
Each of the applicants who fall under this visa application is requested to provide their current National Police Certificate within the 12month period from the Australian Federal Police with immediate effect and it should be done before you apply for the visa. However, you do not carry the certificate then you are requested to provide evidence that you have applied for the National Police Certificate during the time of your visa application.
Therefore, you will be asked for police checks from the country you belong to or have lived there for over 12 months within the past 10 years. This type of requirement will only come forth if you are 16 years or older.
Also, Read- What Is Visa 186 And Who Can Apply For It?
With the information provided in this document, it will help you have a clear image of the needs and wants for the temporary graduate Visa Subclass 485, and you can follow the checklist provided in this document, which will help in the process of applying for the visa. If you still have any queries regarding this visa then feel free to contact us at Migration Agent Perth WA. We are registered migration agent Perth who will solve all your queries and provide our best service to our customers.