The Australian government grants invitations to individuals to work in the nation under the skilled independent visa subclass 189. For the workers to be able to work in Australia, they must possess specific abilities. The applicant may stay in Australia for an extended time with an 189 visa.
The applicant may submit an application for citizenship in the nation if they meet all the conditions. For the first five years, people can enter and exit Australia as much as they like. However, if they want to return to their home country after that, they will need a Resident Return visa (RRV). There are two types of the 189 subclass visa:
- The New Zealand stream visa and
- The points-tested stream visa.
The candidates can apply to both streams in various scenarios.
189 Visa Prerequisites
There are 189 visa requirements to apply for Australia PR when you think about moving there If you want to be confident that it’s the right choice for both you and your family. You must comply with the following prerequisites:
1. Employment Qualifications
The profession chosen must be in the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List, or MLTSSL, or on the appropriate skilled occupation list. Your nomination for work must align with your background, experience, and skills.
You need to independently achieve at least 65 points on the Australian PR points test to be eligible to apply for an Australia 189 visa. Points are given according to several criteria, including job experience, age, English language ability, qualification, and other variables. Use the Australia PR Points calculator to find out how many points you are scoring.
3. Skill Assessment
The competent evaluating authority must have given you a positive skills evaluation for the ANZSCO code of your specified occupation. Your abilities and qualifications will be evaluated by the assessing authority to see if they match the requirements for the position.
To be eligible for the category 189 visa, you must be under 45 at the time of invitation. This particular visa subclass does not have any age exemptions.
5. Requirements For Health And Character
Before applying for an Australian PR visa under class 189, you and your family must meet specific health standards. Australia maintains a panel of doctors who do health examinations and ensure applicants meet the 189 visa health requirements.
To prove that you match the requirements for the character, you and any family members of 16 years or older must present a police clearance certificate.
English Requirement For 189 Visa
According To Visa 189 English Requirements, Candidates must speak English at least at the Competent level. At the time of application, the English language exam result you submit should be at most three years. It is deemed that you possess Competent English if you receive a score of:
- To satisfy the IELTS criterion for an 189 visa, the Points required for 189 visa is 6 in each of the four sections of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam: speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- B or higher on the Occupational English Test (OET) in each of the four components or
- 12 points for reading, 13 points for listening, 18 points for speaking, and 21 points for writing on the internet-based TOEFL iBT, or
- 50 or higher on each of the four Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic components or
- 169 or higher on the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) exam across all four sections.
Visa 189 Requirements Checklist For Documents
You must include the following subclass 189 document checklist with your 189 visa application:
- Form 189 for a visa application
- Identity Verification (ID)
- Report on Skill Assessment
- Results of the English Language Test
- Records attesting to competent labour
- Two coloured passport-sized photos
- Attestation to your educational background
- documents attesting to your completion of the Australian study requirement and, if relevant, your studies in a regional area of Australia
- Credentials attesting to your partner’s credentials, abilities, and command of the English language
- Records attesting to your marital status
- Certificate of Character provided by the Police
- Evaluations of health
- Letters of recommendation from your employers
- Any further records that the Australian authorities seek.
Verify that every document needed for an 189 visa is in English or has an English translation attached. It is required that the documents you submit are certified copies of the originals.
An 189-skilled visa allows skilled migrants to enter Australia and can have several personal and professional advantages. With access to top-notch education and high-paying jobs, as well as the freedom to live and work anywhere in Australia, Australia provides talented migrants with various opportunities by complying with Visa 189 requirements. Consider applying for an 189 skilled visa and making the most of everything Australia have if you’re interested in moving to Australia as a skilled immigrant.
A holder of an Australian Skilled Independent visa is eligible to live and work in Australia permanently as a Permanent Resident.
You must speak with a registered migration agent in Perth to obtain the most precise and current information regarding the occupation list, prerequisites, and any other part of the subclass 189 visa.