It is available for the three types of application (Conferral, descent and evidence) for most of the people. If anyone is applying for Australian Citizenship by adoption or resumption then they have to apply on a paper application form as online application is not available.
A brief summary of the complete procedure of Online Australian citizenship application is given here for your help but hiring an experienced and registered Migration agents Perth can help you to understand the details of the procedure to apply Australian citizenship online.
Meet Eligibility Criteria To Apply For Australian Citizenship
Eligibility for citizenship needs to be checked first. Requirements for the three application types is given here:
You need to be a permanent resident, be of good character, and meet the residence requirements for citizenship.
You must have been born outside Australia and when you were born, one of your parents, at least, was an Australian citizen.
You need to be a citizen of Australia.
For your online application, you need to scan all your required documents and attach them to your online application. You also need the completed Form 1195 – Identity Declaration and an endorsed photograph for attachment.
- Your original documents need to be presented when you are invited to a citizenship appointment.
- After meeting the eligibility requirement and having all of the required documents, start your online application for Australian citizenship by creating or accessing your ImmiAccount.
- To continue your saved application, you need to access your ImmiAccount and for logging in you need the user name and password created by you for the account.
- Attach all the scanned documents required for the application by accessing your account.
- You need to pay a fee for your application for Australian citizenship. The fee may vary depending on the type of application you are applying.
- You can also log in to your account to check the progress of your application for Australian citizenship.
Available Visas That Leads You to Australian Citizenship
- Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
- Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887
Processing Time For The Various Citizenship Application Types
- From the date of application to decision 75% of applications are processed within 9 months and 90% of applications are processed within 17 months.
- From the date of approval to the ceremony 75% of applications are processed within 7 months and 90% of applications are processed within 9 months.
- From the date of application to ceremony 75% of applications are processed within 18 months and 90% of applications are processed within 21 months.
From the date of application to decision 75% of applications are processed within 3 months and 90% of applications are processed within 5 months.
From the date of application to decision 75% of applications are processed within 9 days and 90% of applications are processed within 17 days.
You can do all the processes by yourself or you can also take help from a migration agent for the complete procedure. Migration agent Perth are registered migration agents who can provide you advice on the requirements, help you to complete and lodge the application for citizenship and deal with the departments in any kind of problems.