Have you ever heard about the Australian visa subclass 482 and visa subclass 485? Well, if yes, then you must also get a sound understanding of what these visa types are all about and what each of them lets you do. Here, we will draw a quick comparison about the visa subclass 482 and visa subclass 485, so that later on whenever you will feel the need to come to Australia with either a job or academic purpose, you can make the best use of these two visa types according to your individual choice.
Basic Difference Between Visa Subclass 482 And Subclass 485?
So, let’s begin with the fact that how different is the Australian visa subclass 482 and visa subclass 485 from each other. The visa subclass 482 is basically a temporary skilled shortage visa that allows the visa holder to stay in Australia and work on a full-time basis under a sponsored employer for a particular nominated position. With this visa, you can also bring any of your family members to Australia and let them stay along with you. The visa subclass 485 on the other end is a temporary graduate visa that allows you to stay, work and study in Australia, after you have finished your studies and consists of two individual visa streams i.e. the Graduate Work Stream, Post Study Stream, and Second Post-Study Work stream so your stay duration in Australia depends on the type of visa you have opted for.
Difference Of Eligibility Of Both Visa 485 And Subclass 482
So, now that you have understood that what these two visas are all about and what are their individual functions, it’s time for getting into the eligibility criteria part relating to each of them.
Eligibility Criteria For TSS 482 Visa:
The person has to be nominated for a valid position by a sponsored employer
- The applicant has to meet all the health requirements properly
- The applicant needs to have the required skills and qualifications to work for the nominated position in Australia effectively
- The applicant also needs to have a valid health insurance policy
- The applicant also needs to qualify in the English language test in the proper and expected way
- The applicant also needs to meet a few of the other conditions and requirements as imposed by the Australian government.
Eligibility Criteria For Graduate Visa 485:
- The applicant has to be under 50 years of age
- The applicant also needs to be the holder of an eligible visa
- The applicant also needs to have a recent qualification in a CRIOS registered course
- He/she also needs to meet all the other conditions and requirements as stated by the government of Australia.
- Remember, that if you want to apply for these two visas in a hassle-free manner, you need to comply with their individual eligibility criteria in the proper and expected way.
What Do Visa 482 Let You Do?
As already told above that the visa subclass 482 is primarily meant for those who want to live and work in Australia for a particular nominated position under a sponsored employer. Since this is a temporary visa, you can live and work in Australia, but not for more than 4 years. To apply for the TSS 482 Visa successfully, you must be nominated by a sponsored employer to work for the nominated post. While staying in Australia with this visa, you can travel from and to Australia as many times as you want during its period of 4 years. What’s more, this particular visa also lets your family members stay with you as long as you stay in Australia. Visa 482 is comprised of three individual streams i.e. the Short-Term stream, Medium-Term stream as well as the Labour Agreement serving the shortage of skilled workers in Australia according to the individual’s needs and requirements.
What Do 485 Visa Let You Do?
The visa subclass 485 lets you live, study, and work in Australia after you have completed your studies. Just like the 482 visa, this particular visa has also got two streams i.e. the Graduate Work stream and that of the Post-Study Workstream. The Graduate Work Stream visa is particularly meant for overseas learners who have recently graduated with the necessary skills and requirements that cater to a specific occupation in Australia. On the other end, the Post-Study Work stream is meant for those who have recently graduated with a particular stream from an Australian organization and allows you to live, work and study in Australia for the next 4 years.
The documents required both for the visa subclass 482 and visa subclass 485 can be considered as follows:
Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485:
- Biographical page of your passport
- Your birth certificate
- 2 copies of your passport-sized photograph
- Documents proving all your necessary skills and qualifications
- All the necessary health and character requirements etc.
Temporary Skill shortage visa subclass 482:
Documents proving all your necessary skills and qualifications
- 2 colored passport sized photographs
- Documents proving the validity of the particular occupation you are nominated for
- Documents proving the result of your English Language Test
- Documents proving your skilled employment
- A valid identity proof
- The application form of the 482 visa
- Documents proving your nomination by a sponsored employer
- Remember, the type of documents required for both the visa categories can vary optimally depending on the visa stream you have chosen.
What Is The Cost Of Graduate Visa 485 And subclass 482 Visa?
You should update with the fee structure of the immigration department of Australia as the fee varies from time to time.
1. For temporary graduate visa 485: You need to pay AUD1,680 for both graduate work stream and post-study work stream. The fee that has to pay for the second post-study work stream is AUD660.
2. For TSS 482 Visa: You need to pay AUD1,290 for this visa.
Here Are The Comparison Of Processing Times of Both visas
- For Subclass 482 –
The processing time for this visa is 10 months for 75% of applications and 12 months for 90% of applications.
- For Subclass 485 –
1. The processing time for the graduate work stream is 9 months for 75% of applications and 13 months for 90% of applications.
2. The processing time for post study work stream is 8 months for 75% of applications and 10 months for 90% of applications.
Get In Touch With The Best Migration Agent Perth
If you are thinking that how to apply for any of these two visa categories smoothly and quickly, then a professional Migration Agent Perth can help you with the entire process. Your concerned migration agent will give you the best suggestions and advice from time to time and will also help you to complete all the official formalities in the proper and expected way. Whether you apply for the visa subclass 482 or the visa subclass 485, the entire application process can be a bit time taking and complex if you do that alone. But, the best migration agent in Perth has all the necessary skills to ensure a smooth and hassle-free visa application process for you.