Do you wish to apply for the visa subclass 485 to live and work in Australia? Before you apply, you need to keep a few important things in mind while applying for the Temporary Graduate Visa 485. Remember, you can apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa 485 after the successful completion of your studies. With this visa, you can extend your stay in Australia. What’s more, you can also acquire a provisional skilled visa or permanent residency visa in Australia.
Some of the things you should keep in mind while applying for this particular visa are given below.
Temporary Graduate Visa 485 Stream
This is the most crucial point you need to consider while applying for the temporary graduate 485 Visa. This visa has got two individual streams i.e. the graduate work stream and post-study workstream. Let’s steal a glance at each of these visa streams to make the entire matter clear to you.
- Post-Study Work Stream: The Post-Study Work Stream is designed for international students who have graduated from Australia with a higher academic degree. The applicant should have obtained this qualification from a valid Australian education provider. You can apply for this visa stream if your first student visa was granted after or on 5th November 2011.
- The Graduate Work Stream: This visa stream is for international students who have graduated with a set of special skills and qualifications. These skills and qualifications must be relevant to an occupation comprising the Skilled Occupation List of Australia.
- Second Post-Study Workstream: This visa is for those applicants who are Temporary Graduate Visa 485 visa holders under Post Study Work Stream who are graduated with a degree from an Australian institute from the regional areas of Australia.
Conversely, if you are applying for the Graduate Work Stream, then, you must possess some special skills and qualifications relevant to certain Australian occupations. These occupations are again included in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) of Australia. Aside, you must have applied for a valid skills assessment test while applying for the Graduate Work Stream.
Regardless of the visa stream you are applying for, you can bring your family members along with you.
485 Visa Eligibility Criteria
Applying for the subclass 485 visa Australia requires you to meet a range of eligibility criteria. These include the following:
- Both you and your eligible family members should be the holder of a substantial health insurance cover. Say for instance, a valid Medicare, etc.
- As the main applicant, you should meet all the character requirements
- Make sure that you meet all the health criteria in the proper and expected way
- You should have met all the study requirements within the last six months
Ascertain that you have qualified in a substantial English language test. Alternatively, you should be the passport holder of certain eligible countries, then, you don’t have to qualify in an English test. These include Canada, New Zealand, USA, Ireland and UK.
- You should be the holder of a 574,573 or 572 student visa subclass. Alternatively, you can also be the holder of a Bridging Visa B or A too.
- Make sure that you are the holder of your student visa within the last six months.
- You should be below the age of fifty years on the date when your application is being lodged
- Most importantly, you must meet the additional requirements unique to the stream in which you have applied for.
Remember, that the 485 visa requirements listed above apply to both streams no matter which one you apply for. In the case of the post-study workstream, you must have studied a higher degree program or that of a Bachelor’s degree program.
485 Visa Checklist
Well, when it comes to documents you should be extra careful while submitting them. Regardless of the stream, you are applying for, you must consider submitting the following documents without failure:
- Your passport-sized photo with a dimension 35mmX45mm
- Your valid Birth Certificate should show the names of your parents as well
- The biodata page of your passport
- All your health and character documents
- Documents which prove your family relationships. These include your statutory declaration separation documents, your valid divorce or marriage certificate, etc.
- Credentials which evince that you have met all the Australian study criterion in the proper and expected way and
- Documents that prove that you have qualified in your English language exam with great success
After you have gathered all these documents, you must attach them along with the authentic application of your visa subclass 485. Besides, the Department of Home Affairs might ask you to submit a couple of documents more depending on the stream you have applied for.
Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 Cost
Before you apply for a particular stream of the 485 subclass visa you must know the price you need to pay for it. Say, for instance, you have applied for the Graduate Work Stream. In that case, you will have a pay an amount of AU$1,650. Similarly, applicants of the Post-Study Work Stream need to pay an amount of AU$1,650 as well. For Second Post Study Work Stream, also you have to pay AU$650. Aside, you might be asked to pay some additional costs to meet a couple of other requirements. These include your biometrics, police certificates and health assessments, etc.
Temporary Graduate Visa 485 Cost For Family Members
In case you are including your family members in your visa application, an additional fee will be required for each of them. Family members who are included after your visa has been approved need to pay a complete application fee for the 485 visa subclass.
485 Visa Processing Time
Seventy-five percent of applications get processed within eight months and 90% of the applications under 12 months for the Graduate Work Stream. Besides, seventy-five percent of the applications for the Post-Study Work Stream are processed within six months, and 90% of the applicants within seven months. Processing time for Second Post Work Stream is not available according to the Department of Home Affairs. Make sure that you submit an error-free application right on time to get your 485 visas approved faster than ever
So, hire a Migration Agent and apply for your 485 visa subclass faultlessly! Rest assured that Best Migration Agent Perth is your Migration Expert who will make the best of endeavors to ensure the finest visa application for you!