With the plethora of options available for Visa applications in Australia, it can often get slightly confusing for an aspirant. On the 18th of March 2018, Visa Subclass 457 was replaced by Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) subclass 482 Visa.
What is TSS 482 Visa?
- This subclass of Visa allows a non-Australian holder to live in Australia per his skills (if they are available on the occupation lists), under an employer.
- The visa is only allowed for a particular list of skills since it ensures not hampering employment opportunities for Australian citizens.
- The list is based on the skills where there is a shortage of labour or manpower.
Who qualifies for TSS 482 Visa?
To get a 482 Visa Subclass of any of the three types, it is essential that the candidate qualifies the following:
- An applicant can only apply for occupations that are on one of these lists: MLTSSL, ROL, and STSOL.
- Applicants must have the necessary work experience for the particular occupation that he/she is applying for.
- Applicant must have a business sponsor (an employer).
- The Business sponsor must be a company that is lawfully working in Australia for at least 2 years.
- Applicant must be well versed in English and must have qualified English examinations like TOEFL, IELTS, etc. The English test is exempt for passport holders of UK, Ireland, New Zealand, USA, and Canada. Every exam has different cut-offs to qualify. Hence, this must be well researched.
What can one do with a TSS 482 Visa?
One can avail the following, with TSS Visa subclass 482.
- The applicant can work with his/her employer, and earn a guaranteed minimum salary in Australian Dollars.
- The applicant can live while working full time in Australia.
- The applicant can take his immediate family to Australia with Temporary Skill Shortage subclass 482 (TSS 482) family visas.
- Both the applicant and their family members can travel in and out of Australia for the duration of their Visa applications.
What are the different types of TSS 482 Visas?
There are three different streams of TSS 482 Visas, in addition to the subsequent entrant type.
- To bring in skilled labour from overseas when there is no Australian skilled labour available.
- Labour can be brought for the occupations listed in the STSOL (Short-Term Skilled Occupations List) only.
- Stay from 2 to 4 years is granted.
- Application processing time can range from 38 days to 74 days.
- It is for people who have the skills to work in Australia for a business sponsor when skilled Australians are not available.
- Applicants can only apply if they are skilled in the occupations listed in MLTSSL (Medium or Long Term Strategic Skills List) or ROL (Regional Occupations List).
- Stay upto 4 years is granted.
- Application processing time can range from 30 to 70 days.
Labour Agreement Stream:
- For skilled labour that is nominated by a business sponsor under labour agreement.
- Stay upto 4 years is granted.
- Average application processing time can range from 20 to 40 days.
It has to be understood that the processing time of one’s application should not be a deciding factor while applying for Visa. Visa must be applied for, only when the applicant qualifies all the necessary requirements. For further clarifications or guidance, it is recommended that one always connects with Immigration Advisors, Perth, Australia. A proper online search for the best migration agent Perth can lead to huge help.
Obligations a TSS 482 Visa holder has:
A TSS 482 Visa holder is obliged for the following:
- Can only work for the occupation that they are nominated for.
- Can only work for the employer who stood as business sponsor in their application and nomination.
- Must work for at least 2 years under the same employer.
- Must work in the same occupation for at least 3 years before applying for another TSS 482 Visa.
- Must be earning a minimum salary.
- Hold the necessary license required for their occupation and abide by the rules listed in the license.
- Cannot stop working for more than 60 consecutive days.
The Process of TSS 482 Visa application:
Below is the flow of the process, in order, while applying for TSS 482 Visa.
- Checking qualifications: It is crucial to tick all the boxes from the eligibility list before applying for a particular visa kind or stream. Taking help of a registered migration agent Perth is advised.
- Getting an approved business sponsor: The applicant must have an employer who is willing to lodge an approval application for them. Applicant must make sure that the business sponsor himself is eligible to lodge the application. The business sponsor must be a well-known company, must have a clean sheet when it comes to tax obligations, and must be working for at least 2 years in Australia. These details can easily be checked through an Immigration Advisor Perth.
- Getting occupation nomination: The employer must be able to show and clarify why he/she needs labour from abroad. All the attempts the employer has made to find Australian labour must be shown clearly.
- Final submission.
All the steps are crucial and mistakes must be avoided at all costs.