With the plethora of options available for Subsequent Entrant 482 Visa applications in Australia, it can often get slightly confusing for an aspirant. On the 18th of March 2018, Visa Subclass 457 was replaced by a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482.
What is Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482?
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 allows a non-Australian holder to live in Australia per his skills (if they are available on the occupation lists), under an employer.
- This work visa is only allowed for a particular list of skills since it ensures not hamper employment opportunities for Australian citizens.
- The list is based on the skills where there is a shortage of labor or manpower.
Who Qualifies For TSS Visa 482?
To get a visa 482 of any of the three types, it is essential that the candidate qualifies the following:
- An applicant can only apply for occupations that are on one of these lists: MLTSSL, ROL, and STSOL.
- Applicants must have the necessary work experience for the particular occupation that he/she is applying for.
- The applicant must have a business sponsor (an employer).
- The Business sponsor must be a company that is lawfully working in Australia for at least 2 years.
- The applicant must be well versed in English and must have qualified English examinations like TOEFL, IELTS, etc. The English test is exempt from passport holders of the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, USA, and Canada. Every exam has different cut-offs to qualify. Hence, this must be well researched.
What Can One Do With A Visa Subclass 482?
One can avail of the following, with TSS 482 Visa.
- The applicant can work with his/her employer, and earn a guaranteed minimum salary in Australian Dollars.
- The applicant can live while working full-time in Australia.
- The applicant of a 482 visa subsequent entrant visa can take his immediate family to Australia with Temporary Skill Shortage subclass 482 (TSS 482) family visas.
- Both the applicant and their family members can travel in and out of Australia for the duration of their Visa applications.
What Are The Different Types of Visa 482?
There are three different streams of TSS 482 Visa, in addition to the subsequent entrant type.
Short Term Stream
- To bring in skilled labor from overseas when there is no Australian skilled labor available.
- Labour can be brought for the occupations listed in the STSOL (Short-Term Skilled Occupations List) only.
- Stay from 2 to 4 years is granted.
- It is for people who have the skills to work in Australia for a business sponsor when skilled Australians are not available.
- Applicants can only apply if they are skilled in the occupations listed in MLTSSL (Medium or Long Term Strategic Skills List) or ROL (Regional Occupations List).
- Stay up to 4 years is granted.
Labor Agreement Stream
- For skilled labor that is nominated by a business sponsor under the labor agreement.
- Stay up to 4 years is granted.
This visa is available for the applicant’s family members if the applicant applies for this tss visa separately. There are no official processing timing figures.
Obligations A Subclass 482 Holder Has
A TSS subsequent entrant subclass 482 Visa holder is obliged for the following:
- Can only work for the occupation that they are nominated for.
- Can only work for the employer who stood as a business sponsor in their application and nomination.
- Must work for at least 2 years under the same employer.
- Must work in the same occupation for at least 3 years before applying for another TSS 482 Visa.
- Must be earning a minimum salary.
- Hold the necessary license required for their occupation and abide by the rules listed in the license.
- I cannot stop working for more than 60 consecutive days.
482 Visa Processing Time & Cost
It has to be understood that the processing time of one’s application should not be a deciding factor while applying for a TSS visa. Visa must be applied, only when the applicant qualifies all the necessary 482 visa requirements. For further clarification or guidance, it is recommended that one always connects with Immigration Agent Perth, Australia. A proper online search for the best migration agent in Perth can lead to a huge help.
- Short term – Application processing time can range from 8 months to 11 months. You need to pay AUD1,290 for this visa application.
- Medium-term – The processing time of visa application can range from 5 to 8 months. You need to pay AUD2,690 for this visa application.
- Labour agreement stream – The average application processing time can range from 6 to 10 months and the cost will be AUD2,690.
The Process of TSS 482 Visa Application:
Below is the flow of the process, in order, while applying for TSS 482 Visa.
- Checking qualifications: It is crucial to tick all the boxes from the eligibility list before applying for a particular visa kind or stream.
- Getting an approved business sponsor: The applicant must have an employer who is willing to lodge an approval application for them. The applicant must make sure that the business sponsor himself is eligible to lodge the application. The business sponsor must be a well-known company, must have a clean sheet when it comes to tax obligations, and must be working for at least 2 years in Australia. These details can easily be checked through an Immigration Advisor Perth.
- Getting occupation nomination: The employer must be able to show and clarify why he/she needs labor from abroad. All the attempts the employer has made to find Australian labor must be shown clearly.
- Final submission: Now collect all documents and submit them to the immigration department of Australia. Taking the help of a Registered Migration Agent Perth is advised.