The Skilled Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 887 is the next stage visa that allows holders of Skilled Regional Provisional Visas, such as 489: It doesn’t require nomination by a state or regional government or sponsorship by a member of the Australian family. You can also consider it as an 887 permit to citizenship.
With the Subclass 887 Visa, the current 489 visa holders who have been continuously residing and working in a designated regional zone for a year can apply for permanent residency. An immigration agent will guide you in respect of 887 visa updates.
Benefits Of Visa 887 Skilled Regional
You may recall the relatives who will be submitting your application with you:
- In addition to the same-sex accomplice, a spouse is also a de facto accomplice.
- Dependent children up to age 23, unless you are financially responsible for them because they can’t work due to physical or mental conditions.
This visa is valid for an infinite time. It allows you to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Study and work in Australia
- Examine Medicare, Australia’s programme for health-related expenditures and considerations.
- Help eligible family members obtain permanent residence
- If you frequently travel to and from Australia, consider applying for citizenship there.
Skilled Regional 887 Visa Requirements
You must comply with the following criteria to meet 887 visa eligibility:
Possess A Valid Visa.
Before applying for a skilled regional (permanent) subclass 887 visa, a candidate must currently be holding—or must have previously held—one of the following visas: subclasses 489, 495, 496, 475, or 487 for at least two years.
Have Complied With The Requirements Of Your Valid Visa.
You must have followed the standards of your eligible visa while in Australia, along with any family members. This requirement was in place for the entire period you had those visas.
Meet The Health Criteria For An 887 Visa.
You and any dependant family members applying for the visa with you must be in good health according to Australia’s standards. Family members not travelling with you to Australia may be asked to undergo a health assessment by the Department of Home Affairs.
Meet The 887 Visa Conditions For Character.
The character criteria for Australia must be satisfied by both you and your dependent family members who apply for the visa with you. For family members who are not travelling with you to Australia, the Department of Home Affairs may ask them to undergo a character assessment.
Latest Blog: How To Improve Your PR Points In Australia?
Paid Up Your Debt To The Australian Government.
You must be prepared to repay any money you owe the Australian Government. It includes any dependant family members who did not apply for the visa with you.
Have A Signed Australian Values Statement.
If you are 18 or older, you must have read the Life in Australia pamphlet or had it explained to you. When you sign or accept the Australian Values Statement, you must affirm that you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws.
Not Have A Visa Revoked Or Cancelled.
You might not be eligible to apply for this visa if you hold an 887 Visa refused previously or the department has cancelled your visa application.
Residency Requirements For Subclass 887 Visas.
If COVID-19 concessions do not apply, you must have lived in one of the following countries for a minimum of two years before applying for a skilled regional (permanent) visa:
- A regional or a city with slow population growth if a state or territory administration proposed your qualified visa or
- A specific region of Australia if a relative sponsored your application for a substantial visa
Read This Blog: Top 10 Reasons To Move To Australia!
Work Experience Requirements.
You must have had one or more of the following visas at the time of your application for this visa and worked full-time for at least 12 months:
- If a state or territory government recommended you for your qualifying visa, and you are in a regional or low-population-growth metropolitan area or
- A specific region of Australia if a relative has sponsored your application for a visa.
To meet this criteria, you can mix work from two part-time jobs you hold simultaneously. You are free to pursue the job you’ve chosen or any other. Thirty-five hours a week is considered a full-time job.
English Language Requirements.
You must submit the results of an English proficiency exam to demonstrate that you have fulfilled the English requirement for the 887 visa because it has one. IELTS is not the only test available; other methods include:
- Academic PTE;
- iBT TOEFL;
- Advanced Cambridge English.
Assemble All Necessary Documents As 887 Visa Checklist.
To ensure no delay in processing your visa application, you must gather all required 887 visa document checklists in one location before making your phone call. To apply for a visa under class 887, you must have the following:
- Proof of a nomination or invitation.
- The age proof (Birth certificate, national identity card).
- A document proving at least two years of habitation in the area where the nomination is being made.
- Evidence that you don’t ever hold visa applications denied or cancelled.
- Confirmation of visa eligibility.
- Proof of having paid the government’s outstanding debt
- Proof of full-time employment for the last 12 months.
- Evidence of work in one of the jobs in the consolidated list of occupations with skill requirements.
- Evidence of the Australian Value Declaration’s conformity.
- Confirmation that you meet the requirements for morality or fitness.
The 887 visa processing time relies on many circumstances, including whether the applicant has provided all required information, whether the necessary papers have been presented, and more. Additionally, the visa authority needs time to review the data the applicant has given.
You can apply for the Australia visa 887 if you already have a valid one. The travel element of the visa subclass 887 has a 5-year expiration date, although the holder of this visa may reside permanently in Australia.
The application process can be very demanding and calls for care and the required knowledge. If the department declines your application, the 887 visa fee will not be reimbursed.
A migration consultant in Perth is familiar with each stage of the General Skilled Migration visa application process. His primary objective is to deliver a decision-ready application with all necessary supporting materials.