The Visa Subclass 887 has been designed for applicants who want to stay in Australia permanently. Individuals who have already worked in specific areas comprising regional Australia can apply for Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887. Make sure you were holding a substantial visa while working in one of the areas of regional Australia. Today’s write-up will familiarize you, particularly with the 887 Visa Processing time and cost.
887 Visa Processing Time 2022
Currently, the Department of Home Affairs is processing applications submitted prior to September 2020. Make sure that your application is error-free with the correct pieces of information. Then, the Australian Immigration Department will process your visa application within the expected processing time. These include the following:
- 25% of applications: 15 months
- 50% of applications: 18 months
- 75% of applications: 21 months
- 90% of applications: 22 months
The Department of Home Affairs processes each of the applications on a case-by-case basis. So, the visa 887 processing time might get affected somewhat depending on certain circumstances.
Circumstances Affecting Your 887 Visa Processing Time
The potential circumstances which might affect your 887 Visa Processing Time include the following:
- The number of places that are available under the migration program.
- Processing time for 887 visa, is consumed by the Australian Immigration Department to receive additional pieces of information from external agencies. The reception of these pieces of information is oftentimes related to national security criteria and criteria related to your character and health etc.
- The amount of time consumed by the Department of Home Affairs to perform the required verifications on the supporting pieces of information.
- Your promptness to respond to any requests that the Department of Home Affairs is asking you for and
- The submission of a complete 887 visa application from your end to the Department of Home Affairs. Besides, you should submit an application with all the important supporting credentials too.
Remember that in certain circumstances, the visa 887 processing time can be somewhat different when it comes to the application for this visa. Consider the aspects given above while lodging the application for your 887 visa subclass. If you do so, you can attain an impeccable visa application for your 887 visa and submit it to the Department of Home Affairs accordingly. In response to it, you can expect to get your application processed within the fastest span of time.
Skilled Regional Subclass 887 Visa Cost
The 887 Visa Cost is different for the main applicant and that of accompanying family members. These include the following:
If you are the chief applicant then, you need to pay AUD425 for your Subclass 887 Visa.
Accompanying Family Members:
Eligible family members are allowed to apply along with you for the visa subclass 887. In that case, a separate application charge will apply to each of them.
Second Installment Charge:
Is that applicant eighteen years or above? If so then, you need to pay an additional charge while applying for your visa subclass 887. This particular charge is conventionally known as the second installment charge. The second installment charge amounts to a figure of AUD4,890. Remember that you should pay the second installment charge only when the Australian Immigration Department asks you to do so. In most cases, the Department of Home Affairs requests compliance with this criterion at the time of approving your skilled visa.
Additional Visa Application Costs:
The Subclass 887 Visa requires you to pay some additional charges as well at the time you are applying for it. These include expenses pertaining to your biometrics, police certificates and health checks, etc.
Visa Subclass 887 Benefits
As already said that the visa subclass 887 is a permanent visa and lets you reside in Australia indefinitely. Aside from allowing you to stay umpteen, this visa also ensures the following benefits for you:
- You can apply for citizenship in Australia depending on your eligibility.
- Travel from Australia and to Australia for as long as five years
- Sponsor relatives who are eligible to apply for a Permanent Residency in Australia.
- Visa 887 allows you to enroll in Medicare too. Medicare is the most in-demand healthcare scheme in Australia that covers all the costs of your health-related bills and care.
- Work in Australia and study there at the same time.
- Legion of the applicant applying for this particular visa gains the biggest advantage that it offers. It means that when you have the 887 visa with you, you can expect to reside in Australia permanently.
Fundamental Prerequisites For Subclass 887 Visa
There are certain fundamental eligibility criteria that you need to meet to lodge the application for your 887 Visa perfectly. These include the following:
- You should have worked in a specified regional area of Australia as a full-time worker at least for the past year.
- Applicant should have resided in a specified regional area of Australia at least for the past two years.
- You should be the holder of certain visas so as to become eligible to apply for the Subclass 887 Visa. These include the 487, 475, 496, 495, or that of the 489 visa. Alternatively, you should be the holder of a Bridging Visa B or bridging visa a subclass 010 after you have applied for a subclass 487, 495, or that of the 489 visa subclass.
Here Are Some Faq’s About Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887
Can subclass 887 visa be refused?
You can’t apply for the visa if you have a history of visa refusal or cancellation. You can apply for other visas as well in that situation.
Can we travel after applying for 887 visa in Australia?
Yes, you can travel to and from Australia for a duration of 5 years. After that, you have to submit a resident return visa to re-enter Australia.
Can I add my family members to 887 visa?
After having this visa you will be a permanent resident of Australia. As a permanent resident, you can sponsor your eligible family members to come to Australia.
Remember that visa 887 is a Permanent Residency (PR) visa. So, apply for it as perfectly as possible to get your visa processed within the expected period of time. If you wish you can hire a Migration Agent Perth to lodge an impeccable application followed by the payment of the correct 887 visa fees. An Immigration Agent Perth is an immigration pro who is knowledgeable enough to ensure the choicest visa application for you