Holders of provisional SKILLED REGIONAL VISA SUBCLASS 887 who have lived and worked in a specific Australian regional area can apply for permanent residency through the permanent Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887) programme.
It is a route to permanent residency visa (PR visa Australia) for skilled or talented persons who currently possess a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475, or 487 visas or a Bridging visa A or B obtained after applying for a visa subclass 489, 495, or 487. After approval of the 887 Australia visa application, the visa holder (and any family members listed in the application) can:
- Stay, work, and study in Australia indefinitely (without restriction)
- Travel to and from Australia for five years after the visa is issued.
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s national health insurance programme
- Seek citizenship in Australia (subject to eligibility)
- Sponsor qualified relatives for a range of temporary and permanent Australian visas.
The five-year travel ban only restricts re-entry into Australia after the five-year period has passed. After that, to enter Australia again, one must obtain a Resident Return visa or another suitable visa.
Steps To Apply For A Permanent Skilled Regional Visa 887
A person who wishes to apply for a permanent skilled visa in Australia must apply for the following procedure:
Comply With Requisites For Eligibility For Visa Subclass 887
To satisfy a permanent Skilled Regional 887 visa requirements, you must:
- Possess a necessary provisional visa, such as a visa subclass 489, 495, 496, 475, 487, or a Bridging visa.
- Be present in Australia at the time of filing your visa
- Having held a qualifying visa for at least two years before filing
- Have resided in a designated regional area for at least two years
- Have worked full-time in a designated territorial area for at least one year
- Meet all necessary health and character standards.
Gather All Of The Necessary Documents In One Location
You must arrange all the necessary documents in one place so that you can provide them in one call, and there will not be any delay in processing your visa application. To apply for visa subclass 887, you must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Evidence of an invitation or nomination.
- Provide age verification when applying for the visa.
- Evidence of a minimum 2-year stay at the place where the nomination is being made.
- Pieces of evidence that you never have any cancelled or denied visas.
- Verification of eligibility for a visa.
- Evidence of the payment of the outstanding amount owed to the government
- Proof of a 12-month full-time employment history.
- Evidence of employment in one of the jobs in the combined list of occupations requiring skills.
- Proof of adherence to the declaration of the Australian value.
- Confirmation that you meet the requirements for health or character.
Apply For The Visa Subclass 887
The processing time of subclass 887 visa applications is 75% of applications in 24 months and 90% of applications in 28 months. However, the process of applying for skilled regional visa subclass 887 is as follows-
- Assemble all the required paperwork and comply with all the necessary visa requirements.
- At the time of application, the applicant may be in or out of Australia. The application is often only processed for Australian citizens.
- You must apply online through an ImmiAccount. You can also apply manually by filing a visa application in paper form.
- The application is examined and processed by the Department of Home Affairs.
- When an application is approved, the applicant will receive a notice detailing the grant of the visa, the start date of the visa and any conditions that may apply. If the department rejects your visa 887 application, it will inform you of the decision, the reasons behind it, and any potential for a review of the visa application.
The subclass 887 visa is a special visa you can apply for if you already have a valid visa. Even though the bearer of this visa can live permanently in Australia, the travel portion of the visa subclass 887 has a 5-year expiration date.
The application process can be very demanding and calls for care and the appropriate knowledge. Time and some application fees are additional costs. The department will not refund the application fees If it rejects your application. It must be frustrating for you to go through this process once more.
Every step of the General Skilled Migration visa application process is well-versed by the best immigration agent in Perth WA. Before advising you to move forward with a visa application, he will conduct an eligibility assessment. The goal of an immigration agent is to submit a decision-ready application having all the supporting documentation. He verifies that you meet the requirements for visa application by conducting all necessary checks on your supporting documents.