What are the Options For Parent Migration to Australia

What are the Options For Parent Migration to Australia

Living with parents seems wonderful and necessary in some cases where the parents are old and could not take care of themselves properly. You may be working away from home and long for living with your parents. If you are in Australia, you can bring your parents from your home country to here. There are several visa options for parent migration but almost all of them are either very costly or are have a processing period of several years. I am sharing the information about the options available for Parent Migration Australia and what are the requirements for it.

Options For Parent Migration Australia

Australia has considerably more lenient visa options as compared to the US and the UK. But from the past decade or so, the Australian Government has had a tighter grip on immigrants and has increased visa requirements. This was done because of a large number of immigrants coming to Australia every year to which the local residents pointed out as a threat to their jobs and education opportunities. You can check the different Parent Migration Australia options from the beneath mentioned details:

The major types of Parent Visa options in Australia are:

  1. Parent Visa (Subclass 103): It is a permanent residence visa for the parents whose child is an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an eligible citizen of New Zealand. The cost for visa 103 is around AUD 7000 but has a waiting period of more than 20 years.
  2. Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173): This visa allows for a temporary stay of up to 2 years. The condition is same as that of Visa 103. It costs around AUD 32000. One can apply for permanent visa 143 after obtaining it.
  3. Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143): It is a permanent stay visa in the Visa 173 class. It costs around AUD 20000 and the processing time is for at least 2 years.
  4. Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804): Similar to Visa 103, it is a permanent stay visa with the same conditions as that of visa 103. It also costs around $7000 and has a waiting period of about 30 years.
  5. Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884): This is a temporary stay visa (2 years of stay) and costs around AUD 33000. It has a waiting period of about 2 years.
  6. Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864): It is the permanent kind of visa in the class of visa 884. It costs about $20000 and has a waiting period of more than 20 years. The conditions are similar to above cases.

Besides these existing visa options, there has been a recent introduction of a temporary parent visa by the department. This visa is called Temporary Sponsored Visa for Parents. It allows the parents to stay in Australia for a period of up to 5 years. This visa has not yet passed.

If you want to know more about the parent visa options and migration options, you should contact a registered immigration agent who has knowledge on these matters. We are the best Migration Agent Perth can help you in this subject and answer all your queries. For more information, contact Migration Agent Perth.

Share this information with your friends

about the author

Migration Agent Perth specialist in Spouse, work and family visas as well as Visa Refusal and cancellation. Get quality assistance with their visa and migration issues with us.

Migration Agent Perth


Speak With Your Migration Agent In Perth


Migration Agent Perth