Some industries in Australia face competent labour scarcity nowadays. Because of this, the Australian government has made the Temporary Skill Shortage visa subclass 482, which allows firms to hire skilled foreign workers when they can’t find eligible Australian workers available to employers.
With a temporary visa, you can live and work full-time for up to four years, depending on your qualifications, for an accepted sponsor. During this time, you can travel to and from Australia. Your family members can accompany you to Australia, where they can work and attend school.
Visa Subclass 482 Processing Time
If you’ve applied for a temporary skill shortage visa, the duration of the process may be a concern for you. A lot will depend on how thorough your application is and whatever Australian visa stream you choose. Three streams of visas exist:
- Short-term stream
- Medium-term stream
- Labour agreement stream
Processing Time For Short-Term Stream 482 Visa:
Currently, the following processing time is essential for the short-term stream TSS 482 visa application:
- For 25% of applications, 44 days
- For 50% of applications, 83 days.
- For 75% of applications, 12 months.
- For 90% of applicants, 15 months.
Processing Time Under Medium-Term Skill Shortage Temporary 482 Visa Stream
Currently, the following processing time is for the medium-term stream TSS subclass 482 application:
- For 25% of applications, 30 days
- For 50% of the applicants, 46 days
- For 75% of applicants in three months
- For 90% of applicants, nine months
Labour Agreement Stream Processing Time
Currently, the labour agreement stream TSS 482 visa application processing time is as follows:
- For 25% of applications, 34 days
- For 50% of the applicants, 50 days
- For 75% of the applicants, 50 days
- 90% of applications within seven months.
It takes a fresh nomination application to transfer a subclass 482 visa. A 482 visa processing time after nomination approval is one to two months.
Factors Affecting 482 Visa Processing Time
The following variables affect how long it takes to process a subclass 482 visa:
- The application procedure will be delayed if applicants lack the requisite knowledge and fail to submit it in the first place with all required papers attached in the correct order.
- The time it takes to process an application for a 482 visa is increased when applicants fail to submit the extra information requested by the authorities on time.
- The time needed for document verification also has an impact on processing time.
- The applicable government agencies will submit information on your health, national security requirements, and character after they have had time to do so. They might also make the processing of your 482 visa take longer. By guiding you on how to deal with the delayed processing of different government offices and swiftly completing the necessary assessments, our specialists may assist you in reducing the time it takes to process a 482 visa for Australia.
- The number of applicants for the visa at the time of application affects the processing time for Visa 482.
How to lessen 482 Visa Processing Time
It can be difficult to wait patiently for the results of your application for a temporary skilled shortage visa. You can take the following actions to speed up the processing time:
- The Department of Home Affairs handles TSS 482 visas individually, and depending on your circumstances, processing times may vary.
- It is essential that you accurately complete your application.
- Please submit all of the necessary paperwork.
- Ensure you respond to requests for more information from the Department of Home Affairs as soon as possible.
The most common question regarding temporary skills shortage visas is how long it takes to process a 482 visa. Recall that this is a temporary visa, and companies may only use it to sponsor a skilled worker if they can’t locate an Australian professional with the necessary qualifications. As a result, processing takes comparatively less time than for permanent visas.
A migration agent in Perth, WA, can assist you at every stage, from filling out the form to obtaining the necessary paperwork and confirming whether the documentation supports the information on the form.