What Are The Visa Types You Can Apply For?

What Are The Visa Types You Can Apply For?

Migration or immigration is the process by which a person or a group of people leave their native residence and live in another country. People migrate in search of shelter, jobs and to protect themselves from severe situations like natural calamities and wars. There are many strict rules of immigration of every country because immigrants are sometimes not genuinely needy but some of them enter another country with malicious intent also. And a country cannot undermine the security of its own citizens.

What Are The Visa Types You Can Apply For?

Australia has always been a neutral country. It is safe from regular friction with other countries and has a great natural environment. It has many learning and work opportunities. At the same time, the cost of living in Australia is lower as compared to USA and UK. These all reasons together make it a favourable destination for immigrants to come and settle here. The Australian Government offers a number of visas for the foreigners. Now, we are going to take a look at some of the major and most popular visa options.

Different types of Australian Visa

The visa and immigration process is watched by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection of Australian Government; also known as DIBP. The DIBP offers many visas for the foreigners. Some of the key ones are described below.

  1. Visa 186: Visa 186 is a subclass of visa also called the Employer Sponsored Visa. It is a permanent residence visa. To apply for this visa you must be sponsored by a registered Australian employer for work and should not be above 45 years of age.
  2. Visa 187: Visa 187 is a subclass of visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme. It is also a permanent stay visa. To apply for this visa one must be nominated for a job by an approved Australian employer for a job in the regional Australia (anywhere in Australia except the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Brisbane Melbourne or Wollongong) and be of age less than 45 years.
  3. Visa 190: Visa 190 is the visa also known as Skilled Nominated Visa. It is a permanent residence visa. To be able to apply for this visa, you must be nominated by a state or territory government for a skilled job and be of age less than 45 years.
  4. Visa 457: Visa 457 is also known as Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa. A person can apply for this visa if he or she is nominated by a state government for a skilled job and allows the work and live in Australia for up to 4 years.
  5. Parent Visa: This visa allows permanent residence to a person whose child is in Australia as an Australian Citizen or a permanent resident of Australia. For this visa, the condition is that at least half of your children or more than in any other should live in Australia.

These are only some visas. There are many more.

If you want to know anything about immigration to and visa of Australia, contact Migration Agent Perth. They will help you and counsel on any Visa Type.

Share this information with your friends

about the author

Migration Agent Perth specialist in Spouse, work and family visas as well as Visa Refusal and cancellation. Get quality assistance with their visa and migration issues with us.


Migration Agent Perth