Evidence of Australian citizenship is the proof that someone is a legal citizen of Australia. If anyone needs evidence of citizenship, then they have to apply through a process. Migration agent Perth have registered agents who can help you in the process from lodging to certificate ceremony. They are the best person to trust on as they know everything about new rules and laws and can provide guidance throughout the procedure to make it simple for you.
A brief information is given here for you if you want to apply for the evidence of Australian citizenship.
- Eligibility: The first step for application is to check whether you are eligible for it. The eligibility criteria state that you can apply for evidence of your Australian Citizenship if you are a citizen of Australia.For children under 16 years of age, their parents can apply.
- Documents: Mainly, two types of documents are needed to apply for evidence of citizenship.
- Identity Documents: Before approval of application, officials need to be satisfied with the identity. You need 3 documents that all together display your photograph and signature; gender, date of birth, birth name; and current residential address. For online declaration, a completed Form 1195 – Identity Declaration is required and in case of a paper application, 1195 identity declaration is contained in the form.
- Supporting Documents: Depending on how a person became an Australian citizen, the supporting documents required with application needs to be arranged.
- Apply: Two types of application are available.
- Online: If you are in or outside of Australia, you can apply online. Scan all required documents including 1195 identity declaration form and apply.
- Paper: Completed application form along with required documents, photograph and application fee needs to be sent to the address on the form.
- The application fee is AUD 190 unless you are eligible for exemption.
- Certificate: After the approval of the application, a citizenship certificate will be printed and send to the provided address by registered post.
You can also take help from a migration agent for the complete procedure. Migration agent Perth are registered migration agents who can provide you with advice on the requirements, help you to complete and lodge the application for citizenship and deal with the departments in any kind of problems. In case, you have lost Australian citizenship certificate, our agents will help you in the reissue of the same and you will be able to prove your evidence of Australian Citizenship.
The citizenship form 1195 can be extracted online or gained with the help of a Registered Migration Agent Perth.