Are you a skilled worker? Are you willing to find new opportunities by migrating to the Australian territory? Then knowing about the skilled regional visa Australia may be beneficial for you. Read this article to get complete insight on various aspects related to the Visa Subclass 887 and have all your queries sorted.
The Skilled Regional Visa subclass 887
The skilled Regional visa subclass 887 is a permanent residence visa that is offered in order to attract the skilled and eligible people for various kinds of work within the Australian territory. Once you and your family members hold this specific subclass of visa, you can enjoy the flowing rights and benefits:
- You may stay in the Australian territory for an indefinite period of time.
- You can work as well as study in the Australian territory.
- You can avail the medical scheme offered by the Australian government, known as the Medicare that relates to health-related care as well as medical expenses.
- If you are found eligible after a given point of time, you may even go for full Australian citizenship.
- While you hold this visa, you may also sponsor your relevant relatives to go for permanent residence.
- For a period of five years from the date of issue of the visa, you may travel freely in and out of the Australian territory. However, after the expiry of the five years term, you will have to apply for a resident return visa or other classes of visa that may be most appropriate for you in order to return to the Australian territory.
Requirements pertaining to the skilled regional Visa
There are certain requirements that one must be aware of before he or she goes on to apply for the Skilled Regional Visa. Knowing about these details beforehand can save you from a lot of hassle while you are in the Australian territory.
- The first important fact that you must understand is that if you undergo any kind of changes in terms of your circumstances, it is your duty to immediately intimate the immigration and border protection department about it.
- Again if you have a baby while you are in the Australian territory, then it is held as your responsibility to intimate the immigration and border protection department about the birth of the baby. Once you have informed the department about the child, its name too gets added to the list of records. Then the child too can have the same visa as you.
- In order to intimate the department about the change in your circumstance or about the birth of the child, there is a specific form that is available- Form 1022, that you must fill and submit.
A valid passport is an absolute must
If you are applying for the Subclass 887 Visa, it is absolutely necessary that you must hold a valid passport of your mother nation. In case you are planning to change your passport or apply for a new one, you must do so before you put in your application for your visa. However if in some cases your new passport arrives after you have applied with the old passport, it is important that you update the details of the new passport to the Department of Immigration and border protection.
There are some other travel documents that may also be required in order to get your skilled regional visa as per the requirements that may be stated by the immigration department.
Interesting – How to Apply for Visa Subclass 189 (Permanent Residency)
The cost involved in acquiring your visa Sub Class 887
The complete information about the visa installment is available on the official website of the Immigration Department. However, in certain cases a second installment for the visa application has to be paid in case the applicant is:
- Of 18 years or above in age
- Does not possess functional English
- Has not yet paid the second installment of visa application charge which is applicable for the following subclass of visa- 489, 475, 487, 495 and for 496 visa Remember that the second installment has to be paid before the visa is granted.
Processing times and cost
The processing time for skilled regional visa 887 is 18 months. Both 75% and 90% of the applications are executed within 18 months. The cost of the visa would be AUD415.
However, in the case of the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, the processing fees of the visa are not the only fees involved. There may be some other costs involved as well such as that of getting a health assessment done, other additional certificates and tests as well as police certificates. These kinds of arrangements may not be made by your migration agent unless you choose the best professionals.
The character requirements and the biometrics
The Australian immigration department has taken certain measures in order to ensure that all the people who enter the Australian territory under the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 are of sound character. Thus all the applicants who are above the age of sixteen years are required to provide a police certificate from the country of which you hold your passport and must have resided in the country for a period of 12 months after turning 16 years of age in the past 10 years. The same is also applicable for all the members of the family who are listed under the application.
Further, when you enter the country, you are required to provide your biometrics to the authority as a part of the application. However, there are certain countries who are exempted from this list. You can find out about it from the immigration department.
Get your visa with zero hassles with the leading migration agents
The approval and grant of your visa depend upon filling up the form properly and providing with all the relevant information that may be required by the authority. Taking care of all these matters by yourself may get too hassling, especially if you are new or have limited knowledge in this regard.
You may rather depend on the leading visa agent Perth and entrust all your responsibilities to them. When you depend upon the best agents such as the Migration Agent Perth, WA, you can be sure that your visa will arrive with zero hassles and in due time.