What Are The Visa Types You Can Apply For In Australia?

What Are The Visa Types You Can Apply For In Australia?

Migration or immigration is the process by which a person or a group of people leave their native residence and live in another country. People migrate to Australia in search of shelter, jobs, and for their career growth. There are many strict rules of immigration of every country because immigrants are sometimes not genuinely needy but some of them enter another country with malicious intent also. And a country cannot undermine the security of its own citizens.

Australia has always been a neutral country. It is safe from regular friction with other countries and has a great natural environment. It has many learning and work opportunities. At the same time, the cost of living is lower as compared to the USA and the UK. These reasons together make it a favorable destination for immigrants to come and settle here. TheĀ  Government in Australia offers a number of visas for foreigners. Now, we are going to take a look at some of the major and most popular visa options.

Different types of Australian Visa

The visa and immigration process in Australia is watched by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection of the Australian Government; also known as DIBP. The DIBP offers many visas for foreigners. Some of the key ones are described below.

  1. Visa 186: Visa 186 is a subclass of visa also called the Employer-Sponsored Visa in Australia. It is a permanent residence visa. To apply for this visa in Australia you must be sponsored by a registered Australian employer for work and should not be above 45 years of age.
  2. Visa 187: Visa 187 is a subclass of visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme. It is also a permanent stay visa. To apply for this visa one must be nominated for a job by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia (anywhere in Australia except the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Brisbane Melbourne, or Wollongong) and be of age less than 45 years.
  3. Visa 190: Visa 190 is the Australia visa also known as Skilled Nominated Visa. It is a permanent residence visa. To be able to apply for this visa, you must be nominated by a state or territory government for a skilled job and be of age less than 45 years.
  4. Visa 457: Visa 457 is also known as Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa. A person can apply for this visa in Australia if he or she is nominated by a state government for a skilled job and allows the work and live in Australia for up to 4 years.
  5. Parent Visa: This visa allows permanent residence to a person whose child is in Australia as an Australian Citizen or a permanent resident. For this visa, the condition is that at least half of your children or more than in any other should live in Australia.

These are only some visas in Australia. There are many more.

If you want to know anything about immigration and migration, feel free to contact us at Migration Agent Perth. They will help you and counsel on any visa type.

Share this information with your friends

about the author

Migration Agent Perth specialist in Spouse, work and family visas as well as Visa Refusal and cancellation. Get quality assistance with their visa and migration issues with us.

Migration Agent Perth


Speak With Your Migration Agent In Perth


Migration Agent Perth