Do you wish to study a full-time course in Australia? Now, you can make your dream come true by applying for the Student Visa Subclass 500 effectively. With Visa Subclass 500, you can stay in Australia as long as five years and study a full-time academic course. To apply for this student visa, there are quite a few prerequisites which you need to satisfy. In response to it, you can expect to obtain your student visa 500 in a successful manner.
Student Visa 500 Checklist
A comprehensive Student Visa 500 Checklist in Australia can be considered below.
Student Visa Subclass 500 Financial Prerequisites
Through substantial pieces of evidence, you should prove that you have access to adequate funds. By fulfilling this criterion you will assure your financial security to the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA). The Doha will get peace of mind that you will be able to support your entire stay in Australia. These include your course fees, living and travel costs, etc.
Best Interests Of The Child
Make sure that the application you are lodging is in your best interest when the Australian Immigration Department grants your visa. This criterion applies to all those applicants who are below the age of eighteen years.
Absence Of Visa Cancellation Or Application Refusal
While applying for the visa subclass 500, ascertain that you didn’t have any previous visa refused or visa application cancelled before. This is also an imperative prerequisite to procure your student visa 500 successfully.
Zero debt to the Australian government
This particular criterion applies to you, family members who are and aren’t applying with you for the visa subclass 500. According to this requirement, any of you should not owe any debts to the Australian government. Even if that is the case, you should arrange to pay them back or must paid them back prior to applying.
To apply for the visa subclass 500, you should at least be six years or older. This criterion particularly applies to those who are school students but haven’t partaken in a school student exchange program offered at the secondary level. Aside, you also need to be:
- Less than the age of twenty while you are commencing Year twelve
- Less than the age of nineteen while you are commencing Year eleven
- Less than the age of eighteen while you are commencing Year ten and
- Less than the age of seventeen while you are commencing Year nine
The age criterion might again differ somewhat depending on the course you’ve opted for to study in Australia.
Both you and your eligible family members should be the holder of substantial health insurance. This criterion is considered mandatory until the time you and your family members stay in Australia with the student visa subclass 500. According to this criterion, both you and your accompanying family members should be covered by the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Make sure that you obtain this health insurance cover only from an Australian health insurance provider who is approved by the DoHA.
English Language Requirement
As part of the student visa subclass 500 conditions you need to prove your skills in the English language. As per this criterion, you need to:
- Fall under any of the eligible exemption categories or
- Should have procured the desired score in an eligible English language exam which has been approved by the Department of Home Affairs.
Currently, the most sought-after English language test applicable to the student visa subclass 500 is the IELTS test. DoHA might ask you to provide proof of your English language skills at any point in time when your application is getting granted. To the best of suggestions, try to qualify in the English language test at least two years prior to applying for your student visa 500.
Additional Student Visa 500 Requirements
Aside from the student visa 500 requirements stated above, there are some other essential criteria too including:
- You need to make adequate welfare arrangements if you are below the age of eighteen years
- As the main applicant, you need to provide the valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) pertaining to your course.
- Make sure that you have registered for a full-time course of study. It should again be registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- You need to prove that you are a genuine temporary entrant (GTE). To complete this task, you need to write a substantial GTE statement to the Australian Immigration Department. While doing so, you need to mention that you are coming to Australia to gain a premium education for the time being. Subsequently, you need to specify that after your studies are over, you will return to your home country.
- In case, you are not comfortable in writing your GTE statement in English, you can write it in your own language as well. Simply attach the interpreted version along with for the sake of DoHA’s convenience.
- Most importantly, both you and your eligible family members need to meet the pertinent character and health requirements.
- You also need to sign the Australian values statement to assure the DoHA that you will abide by the imperative Australian laws properly. Both you and your family members need to do so till the time you are in Australia with the student visa 500.
So, after you have met each of these student visa 500 requirements, you need to apply for your student visa subclass 500. To complete this task open an ImmiAccount on the Department of Home Affairs’ official site. Subsequently, gather all the essential documents. If you are applying offshore applying at least six weeks before your course starts is better. When applying onshore, apply as early as possible before your existing visa expires to avoid any unwanted intricacies. Hire a Migration Agent Perth to execute each of these steps effectively.
A Migration Agent Perth will help you to upload each of the documents stated above in the proper and expected way. At last, your migration agent will ensure a successful student visa 500 application through the payment of the correct application charge. It is currently AU$620 which applies to all the applicants of the student visa Subclass 500.