People from all over the world become permanent residents and citizens of Australia every year. Immediately after they settle here, there is another question: How do I bring my parents here? Even though it seems easy, it’s not.
If your parents want to come here and visit for a short time, they can always have a visitor visa Australia for parents. However, the Australia parents visa allows families to have their parents stay with them longer, whether they are having a baby or retiring and would like to spend more time with their children.
Parent Category Visas for Australians
If you fit in any of the following criteria, you may be able to apply for a parent visa Australia:
- Parents of eligible New Zealand citizens, Australian citizens, or permanent residents of Australia.
- You have been living in Australia legally for the past two years before filing your visa application.
- Your child is probably your sponsor.
- You need to fulfil the requirements for the Balance of Family exam (further details on this are below).
- You can fulfil the character and health standards.
Can You Stay in Australia on a Parent-Category Visa for a Long Period?
Depending on the parent visa subclass you’re applying for. You may be able to do the following with a parent-category visa:
- Be a temporary resident of Australia for a maximum of ten years (870 visa Australia, no passing the balance of family test is required).
- Get permanent residence in Australia.
Information About Family Sponsorship in Australia
It is necessary to have a sponsor if you wish to apply for a parent category visa and be a permanent or temporary resident of Australia. Your sponsor must be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, who meets the following requirements for a permanent parent visa Australia:
- 18 years old.
- Has resided in Australia legally for at least two years prior to the parent lodging their visa application.
- Special arrangements are made for sponsors who are younger than 18. Someone else may serve as a sponsor if your kid or step-child is under the age of 18, provided that person is eligible for an Australian permanent resident or a settled Australian citizen. These could consist of:
- The live-in partner (or husband) of your kid or step-child.
- Someone who is your child’s or step-child’s guardian or relative.
- Someone who is your child or step-child’s live-in partner (or husband), guardian, or family.
- Community organization.
Family Test Balance
To be granted a parent category visa, a parent must pass the balance of family test. The purpose of this exam was to evaluate your level of Australian connectivity.
The following situations will qualify you for the balance of family test:
- At least half of your kids are permanent residents of Australia.
- More of your children reside in Australia than any other country.
Visa Requirements for Parents
To apply for a parent visa Australia, you must:
- Have a kid who is a permanent resident or an eligible Australian citizen.
- Fulfill the “family balance” requirement. This means that more of your children must live in Australia than in any other nation or that at least half of your offspring must live in Australia.
- If you are in holdings of an eligible subclass 173 Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa, you are not prohibited from taking this exam.
- Before your visa is issued, the Australian government will need you to pay an extra (or “contributory”) fee.
Your child has to be in Australia:
- Be a permanent resident and citizen of Australia.
- Be settled in Australia (usually requiring your child to have lived there for a minimum of two years).
- Be willing to sponsor your application and be at least 18 years old.
- If your kid’s spouse or de facto partner satisfies the qualifications mentioned above, they may sponsor you instead. As an alternative, if your kid is under 18, you could, under certain conditions, be sponsored by a community group, a family member, or your child’s guardian.
- Undertake to offer you any necessary financial and accommodation help for the first two years after you arrive in Australia.
Parents Visa Australia Cost
The Parents Visa Australia Cost of application might vary based on several criteria mentioned below:
The most popular kind of parent visa, the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143), enables your parents to remain in Australia indefinitely. However, an important AUD 43,600 advance payment is required for each parent, which must be paid when the results of the police and health checks are obtained.
Your parents may enter Australia for a maximum of 5 years with the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 870). The application price for a visa is less expensive; it is AUD 11,470 for a 5-year visa and AUD 5,735 for a 3-year visa.
To sum up, the Australia Parents Visa allows parents who are either Australian citizens or permanent residents to stay with their children for an extended period. Completing the visa application procedure entails fulfilling certain requirements, such as the family test balance, health, and character standards. Having a sponsor, typically an adult kid living in Australia, who satisfies the residence and age criteria is essential.
Thanks to this visa, families can choose from various permanent and temporary residency possibilities. For parents hoping to go to Australia to be with their loved ones, navigating the visa formalities guarantees a more seamless experience. For Australian parent immigration, you can search online for the best migration agents in Perth WA, and seek the necessary help.