Australia is a developed Western country with a good standard of life and a domestic income that is quite high. The Visa Subclass 491 offers the chance to live, work, and study in the nation for up to 5 years. It provides a chance to stay in Australia with visa subclass 491 permanently. The best immigration Agent in Perth assists you with a one-stop solution for all your visa demands, from profile evaluation, documentation, and application drafting, to post-visa services.
Visa Subclass 491
The Australian visa subclass 491 is a specialised regional and skilled work visa that is a proviso awarded to qualified professionals/workers for higher study, work/employment, and living in designated zones of Australia with their families. The visa is valid for five years, and applicants must be sponsored by a member of their family who is an eligible Australian permanent resident or has been nominated by the State. It allows you:
- living, working, and pursuing education for up to five years in the selected regional area of Australia;
- travelling as you like to and from Australia;
- having a child or stepchild who receives the same privileges as you to live, work, and study with you;
- submitting your application for permanent residence in Australia, providing you meet the requirements.
491 Visa Requirements In Australia
You may be qualified if you match the criteria for a Skilled Work Regional provisional Visa subclass 491. When you meet the requirements for visa 491, Home Affairs will invite you to apply.
Therefore, to qualify for a visa 491, you must:
- Let Home Affairs know by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Received a 491 visa application invitation from the Department of Home Affairs
- Be supported or suggested by the state or territory government organisation in Australia.
- When Home Affairs encourages you to apply for visa type 491, you must be younger than 45.
- Have a skill assessment that is appropriate for your line of work.
- Score the points test with at least 65 points
- Possess at least rudimentary English
- Have the job listed under the skilled jobs that qualify for a Skilled Regional 491 visa.
- Satisfy the character and fitness standards. Each member of your family who applies with you must also fulfil these conditions.
- Have no outstanding debts to the Australian government. Or you must have made plans to repay all of your debts.
- Not holding a previously denied visa
- If you are 18 or older, please sign the Australian Values Statement. It is to ensure that you will respect Australian law and culture.
Privileges Of Visa Subclass 491
You may prefer visa subclass 491 above other visa alternatives since it gives you some rights and perks. These advantages are as follows:
Work Opportunities In Regional Australia
You must have a position on the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skilled List (MLTSSL) to qualify for the 189 Skilled Independent Visa.
The MLTSSL and the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) are available to 190 visa applicants. The Regional Occupation List (ROL) contains the two additional occupations available to 491 visa candidates.
Can Apply For Medicare Australia
All applicants who have applied for the visa may be eligible for Medicare, which assists with the costs of seeing a doctor, getting medications, and accessing other health services, even if the 491 visa is only a 5-year temporary work permit with a 191 visa route to permanent residency. Medicare has coverage limitations, and not all medical costs are covered.
Before travelling, visa holders should be aware of these restrictions and weigh their options for private health insurance. See the Medicare website for further details.
Regional 491 The Visa Nomination Process Is Simple Than The Visa 190 Process.
The Australian government should encourage talented immigrants to settle and work in regional Australia.
As a result, the criteria for 491 nominations are much less stringent than those for 190 visas, which persons can obtain by residing and working in major cities. To find more alternatives for permanent residency in Australia, those unable to get 190 in metropolitan areas may need to relocate to a regional area.
Less Eoi Points Required
Another benefit of applying for a 491 visa is that you only need to earn 50 points on your own because the state will give you 15 points just for being nominated.
The 491 and 190 visas continue to be a source of controversy. The advantages of each one vary, with the 190 visas providing straight permanent residency while the 491 visa is just temporary, and the waiting period for Australian PR may last up to 4 years or longer (3 years while maintaining the requisite income threshold plus the 191 Visa processing time).
Read This Blog: Top 10 Reasons To Move To Australia!
The Procedure Of Application For Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 491
You must follow the following steps for applying for visa 491:
- Verify eligibility against the points test.
- Obtain favourable skills evaluation and necessary English exam scores.
- Express your interest by submitting an EOI via SkillSelect.
- If using this route, request State or Territory government nomination.
Within 60 days of obtaining an Invitation to Apply (ITA), submit your visa application with all necessary supporting documentation.
Please be aware of Immigration Requirements Australia that this is a condensed description of the procedures involved. You must have the necessary paperwork and information on hand when requested is essential for ensuring that your application is processed fast.
There are no standard subclass 491 visa processing times available for this pathway. You have 60 days from the date of your invitation to apply for a visa subclass 491; once a decision has been reached, a written statement will be provided.
Costs linked with the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 491 include AUD$ 4,045 for the primary applicant and a different fee for each family member who applies. The final cost is determined by English language proficiency and the cost of the biometrics, police certificates, and health examinations.
There is a provisional visa called the Skilled Work Regional visa for skilled professionals who desire to live and work in regional Australia.
Immigration law is subject to rapid change. Therefore, it is essential to be updated for any revisions on the Australian Department of Home Affairs website that might affect you. You must apply to the Australian Government if you are interested in a skilled visa Australia and intend to immigrate permanently. You must hire a migration agent Perth to assist you in understanding these revisions.